Terms & Conditions
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
ATTENTION: This legal notice applies to the entire contents of this website under the domain name and to any correspondence by e-mail between us and you. Please read these terms carefully before using this website.
Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use this website.
This notice is issued by Brendan Oliver & Brendan Randall creators of the "Le Cadavre Exquis" Project
The following words and expressions shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
"Commercial Gain" includes, without limitation: using the website as part of advertising which may result in revenue generation or personal gain, selling goods to a third party and copying, reproducing, distributing, publishing, transferring, licensing, selling, commercially exploiting or duplicating any element of this website whatsoever;
"The Company" means Brendan Oliver & Brendan Randall creators of the "Le Cadavre Exquis" Project whose office is at 177 Wollaton Street, Nottingham, NG1 5GE;
"goods" means those products available for purchase via the website by consumers;
1.1 You may access most areas of this website without registering your details with us.
1.2 By accessing any part of this website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave this website immediately.
1.3 The Company may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check this website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this website.
2. CONSUMER INFORMATION
In the event you order goods from the website then you need to be aware of the following information:
2.1 unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at those who access this website from the United Kingdom. The Company makes no representation that any products or services referred to in the materials on this website are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable;
3.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from this website for your own use on the following basis:
(a) no documents or related graphics on this website are modified in any way;
(b) no graphics on this website are used separately from accompanying text; and
(c) the Company's copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
3.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by the Company or its licensors. For the purposes of this legal notice, any use of extracts from this website other than in accordance with paragraph 3.1 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use this website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this website.
3.3 Subject to paragraph 3.1, no part of this website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the Company's prior written permission.
3.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
3.5 You must not visit or use the website for the purposes of Commercial Gain.
4. SERVICE ACCESS
4.1 While the Company endeavours to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, the Company shall not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.4.2 Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the Company's control.
5. VISITOR MATERIAL CONDUCT
5.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any material:
(a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
(b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
(c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
(d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
5.3 You may not misuse the website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
5.4 The website may contain robot exclusion headers. Third parties may license information on the website to the Company. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the website for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for your information) from the website without the prior expressed written permission of the Company and the appropriate third party, as applicable; (iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activities conducted on the website; or (iv) bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the website. We do not authorise you to extract or re-utilise substantial parts of our website, or to make systematic and repeated extractions or re-utilisations of insubstantial parts of our website.
5.5 The Company shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of paragraph 5.2, paragraph 5.3 or paragraph 5.4.
6. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
6.1 Links to third party websites on this website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this website. The Company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
7. INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE
7.1 While the Company endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website. The Company may make changes to the material on this website, or to the goods and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material. For the avoidance of doubt this clause 7.1 does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
7.2 The material on this website is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extended permitted by law, the Company provides you with this website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties and conditions and other terms (including without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for this legal notice might have effect in relation to this website.
8.1 The Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this website), and any of the Company's group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this website, any websites linked to this website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
8.2 Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit the Company's liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by the Company's negligence; or
(b) fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(c) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law , including without limitation all relevant consumer law.
8.3 If your use of material on this website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
9. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The website is operated by;
Brendan Oliver & Brendan Randall creators of the "Le Cadavre Exquis" Project
177 Wollaton Street
USER GENERATED CONTENT
1. By using the website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions which will take effect immediately on your first use. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms please do not access or use the website. These terms and conditions could change at any time, and
2. The Company may change these terms at any time by posting the changes online and it is your responsibility to check them every time you access the website or you wish to make a comment. Your continued or renewed use of the website after such changes are posted means you agree to be bound by these terms as amended.
3. When you submit any contribution to the website, whether that includes text, photographs, graphics, video or audio in any format, you agree by submitting your contribution to grant The Company a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive sub licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed to the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not wish to grant these rights please do not submit your contribution.
4.1 By submitting any contribution to the website:-
4.2 you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to The Company for all purposes and to grant the right and licence referred to above.
4.3 you warrant that:
4.3.1 your contribution is not defamatory and does not infringe any law or person's rights; and
4.3.2 you have taken all possible care to ensure that your contribution will not attract any complaint under 4.3.1; and
4.3 you indemnify The Company against all damages, legal fees and others expenses that may be incurred by The Company as a result of any breach of warranty.
5.1 You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the website. Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
5.2 The following are examples (but not an exhaustive list) of behaviour/action which is prohibited:-
- anything abusive or threatening
- material which is sexist, racist, homophobic, obscene or likely to harass or cause distress or be disruptive
5.3 Should any contribution by you be deemed, in The Company's sole judgment to fall within these categories, or to be undesirable in any way for the good running of the website or its reputation, The Company reserves the right to delete such contribution and/ or to block any further contributions by the email address or IP address that you have used to make such contribution.
6. You must not reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example telephone number or home address). If you add a comment to a blog, be aware that your email address will be apparent.
7. If you are under 16, you must get a parent or guardian's permission before making any contribution.
8. The Company reserves the right to delete any contribution at its sole, unfettered discretion at any time without notice or explanation.
9. You may not copy, reproduce, re-publish, download, post broadcast, transmit, make available to the public or otherwise use the content of the website in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use, not adapt or to create a derivative work from any content except for your own personal non-commercial use.
10. To the extent permissible in law, The Company will not be liable for any loss including but not limited to the following (whether such losses are foreseen, known or otherwise) loss of data, loss of revenue or anticipated profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, losses suffered by third parties, any indirect, consequential or exemplary damages.
11. The Company does not warrant that the functions contained in the website will be uninterrupted or error free or that the server which makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
12. The names, images and logos identifying The Company or third parties in their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of The Company and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms should be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of The Company or any third party.
13. These terms shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
14. Requests for the removal for User Generated Content can be made at any time by sending an email with your full name, the venue at which the content was created and date via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Brendan Oliver & Brendan Randall - "Le Cadavre Exquis" Project
177 Wollaton Street